German Pancakes

This recipe has been in my family for as long as I can remember. I took this recipe and used it while on my mission, in college and now with my family. It makes a great treat any time of the day and is super easy to make.

1 c. milk

1 c. flour

6 eggs

3-4 tbsp. butter

1/4 tsp. salt


DIRECTIONS Pre-heat oven to 425 degrees. Combine all ingredients except butter. Melt butter in a 9x13 cake pan & take out of the oven. Pour mixed ingredients in pan with melted butter. Bake for 20-25 minutes. I like to check at 20 minutes as sometimes it can be overcooked at 25. Serve with syrup.

Comments

Unknown said…
Hello to the WONDERFUL Dixon Family!

First off, thank you for sharing this site. I plan on sharing with my Aunt Sari, she will LOVE it!

I was not feeling so hot today but being the mom of a 15 year old who is "starving to death" I had to cook something for dinner that was not out of the freezer (he lived on junk all day). and had a mom's touch.

I made these German pancakes in no time and Jake was in heaven.

I have started work on his future "starter cook book", a 4x6 photo album filled with recipe cards. In it go his favorite meals that are easy and affordable to make. This is the latest addition.
Ryan said…
Ha, these look familiar, they've made an appearance in my house once or twice I do believe ;-)