Swedish Pancakes a.k.a. Skinny Hotcakes a.k.a. Powdered Sugars

Jax informed me last night that since Russ and Logan were leaving for Scout Camp today he was the man of the house. Not only is he the man of the house, he also get's to decide what will be for breakfast.
"Mom, I want powdered sugars in the morning and you're gonna make 'em!" His upturned nose, scrunched eyebrows and determined eyes ordered.
This was no request, this was a direct order. I don't take orders very well...they just rub me wrong and make me want to do the exact opposite.
"Jax, do you think being the man of the house means you tell everyone what to do?"
He shook his head in the affirmative.
I replied, "Well, it doesn't! It means you're supposed to make sure the family is well taken care of and it means you treat the women that live here with love and respect, using please and thank you."
He listened and then responded kindly, "Mom, I would like powdered sugars for breakfast, please."
I couldn't resist, he's so dang cute!



It just doesn't get much simpler than this:
5 eggs
milk to the 2 c. line
1 c. flour
dash of salt
Blend it up baby!


My kids scarf these babies down so fast I use two frying pans simultaneously to keep up. Medium-high heat and some of this...

Any brand will do. Spray it lightly between each pancake.


Pour the batter and tip the pan around until the batter makes a thin layer covering the bottom, blink and it will be just about time to turn that golden, soft, hotcake over. Just in case you're having doubts it should look like this.

I like to drizzle syrup on mine, but if you're like the Jax Man you might prefer to pour on the powdered sugar, roll 'em up, and shove 'em in your mouth like there's no tomorrow!

Comments