Winger's Chicken Wings



I got this recipe from my brother Bret (Julie's husband). It is a copy-cat recipe that has been modified (my kind of "simple design")

1 Bottle of Franks Red Hot Sauce
2 Cup Brown Sugar
5 Tablespoon Honey

Mix in pan and heat (on moderate heat). Cook pre-breaded chicken according to instructions (I used frozen chicken wing, soaked them overnight in salt water and then cooked in the oven for about 40 min. at 350 degrees), then submerge into Winger's sauce. Serve with Blue Cheese Dressing and Celery.


Note: Some internet recipe's call for heating the sauce to a moderate boil for 10 minutes. I found this to really thicken the sauce more than I like, so I just heat/mix it until bubbles begin to form then take it off the stove.


These were a big hit at the party and people commented on how moist they were. The sauce was excellent. It made enough for 2 batches.

Comments