French Breakfast Puffs



My kids love French Breakfast Puffs! So much so they beg for them, often. There are five people in our family and I always make twelve puffs. If you do the math you know they don't divide out evenly. The number one question continues to be, "Sooooo, how many will we each get?" Probably because they know that sometimes I'll say, "I'm not having any today." Yells of, "Three each!" followed by jumping up and down ensues. Today I said, "I'm having one (couldn't resist) and your dad's having...(wait for it) two." Can you hear the excitement? I learned how to make these in 9th Grade Home Ec and I've been making them ever since. They're quick, fun to make, and ohhhh soooo yummy!



2 c bisquick

1/4 c sugar

1/4 tsp nutmeg

2 tbsp soft butter

3/4 c milk

1 egg

DIRECTIONS Combine ingredients. Spoon into prepared muffin tin (about 1/2 full). Bake 425 degrees for 12-15 minutes. Remove onto wire rack for cooling. Coat with melted butter and roll in cinnamon sugar mixture (2/3 c sugar + 1 tsp 
cinnamon). Enjoy!

No Bisquick? No problem! Make a mouth watering batch from scratch.


3 c Flour
3 tsp Baking Powder
1 tsp Salt
1/2 tsp. Ground Nutmeg
1 c Sugar
2/3 c Shortening (Crisco)
whole Eggs
1 c Milk
TOPPING
1 1/2 c Sugar
3 tsp Cinnamon
sticks Butter

Comments